We hear it often said that all roads lead to Rome. Well, in the same way, several training courses allow you to become a travel agent.
How To Become A Travel Agent?
Here are the different opportunities available to those who wish to practise this occupation. These may vary by province and territory, hence the importance of getting informed.
- You first have the possibility of obtaining a vocational studies diploma (DEP) in travel sales.
- You may also receive a college studies diploma (DEC) or a collegiate studies certificate (AEC) in tourism techniques, mostly at private colleges.
- Finally, some agencies allow you to take an online course. These courses are ideal for people of all ages who wish to study at their own pace, depending on their time availability.
Would you like to know more about the tasks you will have to accomplish if you decide to become a travel agent? Well, your job is to help your customers plan and schedule their trips so that they can make the most of it, and they don’t have to think about all the arrangements.You will help them determine the type of trip and the package that is best for them. Overall, your role will be to:
- Advise clients in the kind of tourism products or services best suited to their profile.
- Create and change packages by offering your clients additional services.
- Offer city tours and sightseeing tours that might appeal to your customers.
- Inform clients about the required travel documents, insurance, and vaccines.
- Make reservations for accommodation and transportation.
Do You Have The Necessary Skills?
Are you passionate about traveling? Are you motivated and determined? Are you an autonomous, friendly person with a sense of responsibility? Have you ever been complimented on your interpersonal skills? There is no doubt about your ease of communication? Are you bilingual? Do you enjoy interacting with the audience and displaying sales skills? If you have most of these qualities and have comfort in learning new languages, you could become a travel agent.
At The Employer Or Home?
If you choose to do this profession, you could not only work in the offices of companies such as travel agencies, but you would also have the opportunity to become an outside travel agent and work from your home. Have you always dreamed of managing your schedule? Here is the perfect opportunity!
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Do you think you’ve got the correct profile? For the job? What are you waiting for to become a travel agent then?
Where Is He Employed?
The vast majority of travel agents work in agencies, whether affiliated with a network of independent. Its workload changes according to the time of year and tourist seasons. The activity is, therefore, subject to irregularities depending on demand.
What Is His Salary?
The remuneration of the beginner travel advisor is indexed to the minimum wage. According to his seniority, his salary changes, and, depending on the agencies, he may receive bonuses, in the form of commissions, on the sales he makes.
The travel agent can hope to progress to several positions; agency manager, package operator (designer of travel packages), or travel producer.
To Read more, click here.