Technological progress has taken a meteoric leap since the second half of the Twentieth century. Information and Communication Technologies make now part of the essential tools of our daily life.
Technology is everywhere, in our environment, in privacy, it becomes intrusive. And the probability is high that each of us sees more than ten technological revolutions when our ancestors barely saw one in their lives.
Role of technology in our society.
Today’s society is very much focused on new information and communication technologies. More and more people have access to the Internet, computers, and mobile devices. Our way of life begins to depend on these innovations.
On the one hand, the evolution of technology has been beneficial for several reasons.
- First, it makes our life easier. Indeed, it brings us different devices that help us, among other things, to save precious time for work, leisure, etc. For example, it is now possible to work from home, which allows us to work faster and reduce pollution by using less transportation per day.
- At the same time, this advancement allows the company to save money by paying less space for work premises.
- As for other aspects of life, a smartphone allows us to set alarm clocks, reminders, use apps to learn certain languages, etc.
- Technologies are also used enormously in the medical field.
- Nowadays, medical technological advances are making it possible to treat more illnesses.
- We cannot deny the fact that medicine has radically changed our lives with the advent of vaccines, for example.
How technology is revolutionizing the way of working?
The digital transformation affects all organizations, small and large. Waves of technological change are frequent and accelerating, requiring constant adaptation by companies and their employees. Artificial intelligence, automation, and digital tools are shaking up the classic organizational structure and ways of working.
In recent years, technology has profoundly changed the way we work. Indeed, it is used in one way or another in all companies to accomplish specific tasks, to reduce human errors, and to transmit information more quickly.
Technology enables better management.
Technology at work can change the way managers work. Various software programs allow a better examination of candidate profiles and employee performance, or even better plan and monitor the progress of a project in real-time.
Technology encourages creativity.
Engineers can use the many tools and software to create and advance innovative projects as part of their work. You can even use social media and messaging to brainstorm together and use each other’s creativity to solve problems and create new things.
Technology saves time.
The use of computers also allows faster corrections, faster storage, and access to information. Finally, local networks (intranet) allow easier access to common company projects. With the help of technology more and more processes are automated, which allows better efficiency and greater productivity.
Technology has become an essential part of our personal and professional lives.